How to make Seamless Tiles with Plaid Lite
Making seamless tiles with Plaid Lite is very easy, once you know how.
The easiest way is to download version 1.10 or later. In the latest versions of Plaid Lite, you can click the button labelled "Make Seamless" to make the plaid pattern seamless. As long as your image is square, that's all you need to do.
If you have an older version of Plaid Lite, the secret is to know which settings to use. Just follow these simple steps, and you'll be making your own seamless tiles in no time:
- Make sure you've downloaded and installed the Plaid Lite plugin. If you don't have a copy of Plaid Lite yet, you can download Plaid Lite here.
- Load an image in your image editor. Resize the image to be a square image. I've found 200 x 200 to be a good size to work with, but you can try any square size.
- Run the Plaid Lite plugin on the image.
- Set the rotation to either 0 or 45 degrees. Other rotation settings probably won't work as well.
- If you have the rotation set to 45 degrees, try a zoom setting of 71 or 35. If the rotation is set to 0, the zoom setting doesn't matter as much.
- Play with the Pattern and Colors settings until you find something that you like.
Voila! Instant plaid seamless tiles you can use for your website, digital scrapbook backgrounds, desktop wallpaper, and much more.
Photoshop plugins news in your inbox.
Monthly at most. No spam. Unsubscribe any time.