Uninstalling Photoshop plugins on Windows 10
There are two methods for uninstalling plug-ins on Windows 10 computers:
Use the Apps & Features system settings panel
- Click on Start Menu -> Settings
- Click on System
- Click on Apps & Features in the left menu
- Find the Photoshop plugin you want to uninstall in the right menu
- Click Uninstall, and follow the instructions on screen. All done!
Delete the plugin files manually
Caution! Only do this if the above didn't work. You could accidentally delete the wrong Photoshop plugin!
- Click on Start Menu -> File Explorer
- Click on This PC in the left panel
- Search for
*.8bfin the Search This PC box
- This will give you a list of the Photoshop plugins on your computer:
- Right-click on a file to delete that plugin. eg
ns-softener2.8bfis Softener 2.
- Tip: Never copy or move a
.8bffile, unless you know what you're doing. If you do, the uninstaller program won't work correctly and you'll have to delete the file yourself.