Autochromatic is a Photoshop plugin that helps you create duotone, sepia, greyscale and color tint effects. You can use Autochromatic to add a rust or lavender tone to your image, create psychedelic color effects, or change the foreground and background color of your pictures. Its three color channels help you blend your image with the color scheme of your web page, or create a variety of weird and wonderful color effects that will spark your creativity.
Presets & Examples
Light Pink Background
Colorize Blue (with Red Channel)
Example image titled "Alone" by Amr Hashim, licensed from iStockPhoto.
- Three color channels - Light, Midtone and Dark
- Contrast and Mid Bias controls let you clean, enhance and tweak your image
- Method control performs subtle but effective image enhancements
- Funky new interface, with a larger preview window by popular demand
- A randomize control for inspiring creativity, also by popular demand
- Over 30 factory-supplied presets, plus you can save your own preset files to share with friends & colleagues
- Remembers your previous settings on newer plug-in hosts (don't lose the settings you spent ages perfecting!)
- Easy to use installer program gets you started quickly and easily - and now automatically detects many Photoshop plugin directories
- Completely rewritten and redesigned from scratch!
... and after
One of the original design goals of Autochromatic was to simultaneously clean up and change colors in an image. Note in the example above how the printing from the reverse side of the yellow paper is eliminated, the purple writing becomes a vibrant red and the yellow is changed to white. Now you can scan your own handwriting and use it for headings on your homepage!
or Windows 95/98/ME
Adobe Photoshop or other Photoshop compatible plugin program (see below for details)
Compatible Graphics Programs
Adobe Photoshop CS, CS2, CS3, CS4, CS5 (32-bit versions only)
Adobe Photoshop (version 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Adobe Photoshop Elements (version 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Corel Paint Shop Pro X, X2, X3
Corel Photopaint (8 and higher)
Jasc Paint Shop Pro (version 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Jasc Paint Shop Pro Studio
Macromedia Fireworks (2 and higher)
MGI Photosuite (4 and higher)
Megalux Ultimate FX
Paint.NET with PSFilterPdn
... and many others.
Deshale from Sexy Tubes N Graphics has written three great tutorials using Autochromatic: Tag 3 creates a Vampire design, Autochromatic Background shows you how to make a beautiful tiled background and Autochromatic Tag to match Background makes, uhm, a tag to go with a tiled background.
Have you written a tutorial using Autochromatic that we don't have listed here? Tell us about it and we'll add it to this list.
Have a question for us?
Didn't find what you were looking for, or couldn't find the answer to your question? Type your question below and we'll get back to you!
PO Box 164, Greenwood WA 6924, Australia